When visiting any places including Beijing Forbidden City, you should know about its address, its contact number, how to get there, admission fees, and what to do there http://18.104.22.168. Knowing all of these will make your visiting time efficient.
The address of the Forbidden City and the best way to get there
The palace museum to visit is located on No 4 Jingshanqian Street, Dongcheng District 100009 Beijing-China. You can take the bus number 1, 2, 10, 52, 59, 82, 99, 120, 126, 728, Zhuan 1, and Zhuan 2 to go to Tiananmen East, so you should get off at Tian’an men dong Stop. If you take the bus number 1, 5, 10, 22, 52, 99, 728, Zhuan 1, and Zhuan 2 heading to Tiananmen West, you should get off at Tian’an men xi Stop. If you want to Forbidden City by metro subway, just take the Beijing Subway Line 1 heading to the stations Tiananmen West or Tiananmen East.
The Opening Hours
- From April 1 to October 31, the Palace Museum opens from Tuesdays to Sundays, at 08.30 am and closes at 17 pm. During China’s public holidays, July, and August, the museum opens.
- From November 1 to March 31, the Palace Museum opens from Tuesdays to Sundays, at 08.30 and closes at 16.30 pm. During China’s public holidays, the museum opens.
The Admission Fees
- From November 1 to March 31, adults have to pay 40 Yuan.
- From April 1 to October 31, adults have to pay 60 Yuan.
- Children who are below 120 centimeters in height are free to enter.
The Treasure Gallery Fee:
- The ticket to enter this place is 10 Yuan
The Clock and Watch Gallery
- The Ticket to enter this gallery is 10 Yuan
- Chinese primary and secondary schools students are to pay only 20 Yuan.
- University students with valid ID card have to pay 20 Yuan.
- Foreign students and students from Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macau, but not included post-graduate and adult education students, are to pay 20 Yuan.
The Things to do
- Prepare yourself to visit the whole palace complex four for hours. To avoid visitors in groups to make crowds, explore the passageways and alleys to enter the palace.
- If you want to enter the Clocks and Watches Gallery, know that the entrance opens at 11 am and at 14 pm. Here you can enjoy the most amazing mechanical clocks collections of the Imperial.
- In summer which is so crowded and hot, you should drink a lot of water. However, on the site, water is very expensive. Prepare water before entering the museum. If you want to avoid the hotness and crowds, just visit the Treasure Gallery located in the inner court.
- Make sure your Passport is in your bag and take the guidebook available at the entrance gate to ease you when browsing the place.
All the information mentioned has to be kept for your own good. It is also a must to gain more knowledge in its website. This article about Beijing Forbidden City is beneficial, right?